Best specialist for breast revision?

I had a breast augmentation two years ago and I end up with symmastia and bottoming out. My surgeon performed a second operation to fix my breast, but my breast looks even worse now. I'm looking for an expert about breast revision, someone truly specialized in that kind of problem. I don't want to post a photo, but my case is extremely complicated. Could you please advise me someone in the USA? Should I look for someone specialized in breast reconstruction after cancer?
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

This is your Dr. Right

You must choose a guy who proposes to you:
-multipoint capsulorraphy to correct the symmastia, and NOT, under NO circumstances the use of synthetic sheets, meshes, etc or other "creative" ideas
-highly adherent implants, macrotextured, anatomical shaped and cohesive gell filled

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Revision / Internal Bra / Synmastia and Bottoming Out Repair

Good evening!

I perform 400-500 augmentations a year, half of which are revisions, and about 70% of my patients are from out of state or overseas. When it comes to correcting synmastia and bottoming out, I believe it is critical to find a specialist in revisions. I suggest you email several of the better known revision specialists, send your photos and all pertinent information, and see what they say. Then you can narrow your list down to those who give you the most confidence that they can fix your problems.

My approach has been to use the Internal Bra, my strong permanent internal suturing technique which corrects the synmastia and bottoming out, and provides long term support for your implants. It works and it lasts.

I have attached a link to my Internal Bra / Bottoming Out / Synmastia photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

How to find an expert in revision breast surgery

You are wise to look for someone experienced in revisions if your case is complex. You should be able to tell from their website if it is a special interest of theirs. Look for before and after pictures, published articles, and other content focusing on revisions.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast revision surgery

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your breast implants. I treat a lot of patients that have had issues with their breasts.  Some can be pretty tough to correct. Good luck.

Symmastia

Hi nina586,
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  At This point you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon that specializes in revision breast implant surgery.  Breast reconstruction (after cancer)surgeons usually do not have that experience. 
Good luck,
Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Breast implant revisions.

Thanks for your question about breast implant revision.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced complications.  After two prior surgeries and continued problems I think it is very important to visit with a plastic surgeon with specific ability in revision breast surgery.  I would advise you to make sure that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

In my practice I often perform multiple revision surgeries from patients that are out of state or have an unsatisfactory reconstruction after cancer.  There are many solutions to different problems which include the use of dermal matrices to reinforce weak spots, suture techniques, fat grafting and the use of anatomic and textured implants.  I would encourage you to seek a breast augmentation specialist that has experience with multiple techniques which may apply to your specific situation.

Best Wishes

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Best specialist for breast revision?

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.  I think that you will be able to find several well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary surgery.  You are correct however that experience does matter when it comes to the outcome achieved especially with more complicated revisionary breast surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Ultimately, you will need to feel comfortable that your chosen plastic surgeon has the experience and ability to achieve the outcome you will be pleased with.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You will find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to  symmastia as well as bottoming out revisionary surgery. Best wishes.

Breast Implant Revision

Dear Nina,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

Synmastia and bottoming out are situations that most experienced plastic surgeons can deal with effectively.  I do believe experience in breast reconstruction helps me offer the most advanced techniques for revision breast augmentation cases.

SERI is a new material that can be very beneficial in cases like yours.  It functions as an internal support for the implants to maintain the correct position for the implants.  This could be beneficial for both your bottoming out and synmastia.

There are many surgeons in the New York city area.  I would seek an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon