Soreness/some pain in left breast post BA? (Photos)

BA was 7 weeks ago. Was a very small 34 A before. I love the girls! I have been recovering fairly well so far, with minimal pain, and have not done any serious heavy lifting, just walking my dog, moving around at work etc. They're still pretty firm, butI can even almost sleep on my stomach again. Last 2 days I've noticed discomfort and some pain in my left breast, not ON the nipple, but around it. Its more general. Could this be something worrisome? Cap Contracture? Normal at 2 months post op?

Post op pain

Pain after surgery, preferentially in only one breast is very common, and is related to the way your brain perceives pain.  Similarly if you hit both your thumbs at the same time, only one will hurt!

With your timing from surgery, pain may be more apparent due to nerve recovery, and the fact that your activity level has increased.  There is no sign of capsular contracture, but continued massage of your breasts is important.  Follow up with your surgeon at around 3 month post surgery, I'm sure everything is fine.

Kelowna Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon and have him/her exam the area just to rule out any complications but you are still early on in your recovery and throughout your recovery period you may experience different sensations such as tingling, burning or intermittent shooting pain.  These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue stretch to accommodate your implants, and as sensory nerves heal. Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Due for check with surgeon

It does not look like your implants have settled yet and the lefr one may be riding a little high 

Capsule contracture is not really seen this early - you need to see your surgeon for a check and advice

Breast augmentation and soreness

Soreness may occur as your activity level increases.  If concerned, you are best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Pain at 7 weeks post BA

Aches, pains, zings, pullings, pushings,funny feelings and itches you can't scratch are all common  even out to a year as your body stretches to accommodate your new implants. While your complaint doesn't seem abnormal at 7 weeks  just check in with your ps for an exam to be sure. From the photos you have a nice result.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Sore in one breast after breast augmentation

Although any postoperative concerns should be addressed by your surgeon, I tell all my patients that it is normal healing, right from the start, to have one side feel great and the other side to have periodic pain, zings, or discomfort. The discomfort can be off and on for about 9 months and is less and less each month. During this nine-month period, there could be a couple of months without any discomfort in either breasts, then all of a sudden a zing could return in that same breast. This, in my experience, is completely normal and experienced by all my patients. I further advise them that if the discomfort should last more than a minute (from the first post op visit onward),  ibuprofen, if they can tolerate it, would be useful. Hope this is helpful. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. I am pleased to hear you are happy with your results. At two months it is unlikely that you have developed a capsular contracture. Unfortunately it is difficult to determine exactly what may be causing your pain based on the information you have provided. I would suggest you see your surgeon for an evaluation. 

Best Wishes

Theodore T. Nyame MD 

Harvard-Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician