SmartLipo technology or tumescent liposuction for relatively low arms? (photos)

I have relatively slim-ish figure anf toned arms but I have slight excess fat and I was told my skin isn't as elastic as most Asians are and i have lippsuction schedule next next week, so I was wondering if I should get smart lipo on my arms instead of traditional lipo since smart lipo tightens the skin too.

SmartLipo for Tighter Skin

Your skin sags enough that I do think you could benefit from Smartlipo, as opposed to traditional liposuction. The arms are one of the best areas of the body for laser tightening with Smartlipo. I believe that the extra tightening boost from laser energy can give you more favorable results than liposuction on its own , and I always use it during liposuction. If you're still considering which method would be best, I certainly recommend seeing an experienced liposuction surgeon who offers Smartlipo for a more thorough assessment. Take a look at their before-and-after photos on the website to get a better idea of what the final results might be for you. Best of luck with your decision.

Spokane General Surgeon

SmartLipo can help the skin

SmartLipo has a skin tightening component and this is useful if the skin has laxity on physical exam.

Smartlipo should definitely address the problem. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I think Smartlipo would be beneficial

There is no downside to adding in the laser aspect of Smartlipo rather than just doing regular liposuction on its own. you probably get more skin tightening with the addition of the laser in Smartlipo. 
Find a board certified PS with experience in Smartlipo and get their opinion in real life.
Remember nothing can make it perfect but Smartlipo should be helpful.

good luck
david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo or No

Thank you for your question.  When looking at the ideal candidate for liposuction, we prefer some who is relatively young with a local area of concern.  The reason is we are looking a skin tone and not someone trying to lose a lot of weight.  You appear to not have a lot of excess skin.  Consult with your doctor and ask there opinion.  Not everyone needs the SmartLipo.  If you have a lot of stretch marks or crepe to the skin, then a tightening treatment would be good idea to consider.

Smart lipo for arms

Hello Veralina,

You have an overall nice arm contour but I can see the area you are concerned about.  SmartLipo is performed just as tumescent liposuction but with the addition of an internal laser treatment before suction to melt the fat and after to tighten the skin.  You appear to have good quality skin with minimal fat and skin excess.   With good skin tone some tightening is expected after traditional liposuction as the skin undersurface heals it retracts in.
Based on your photos you appear to be a good candidate for traditional liposuction of your arms.  Smartlipo may give you a slightly more tightening but not necessarily.  Talk with your surgeon about your concerns to make sure you are happy with your choice before proceeding.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

SmartLipo is a type of tumescent lipo. Either will suit you well.

SmartLipo is essentially tumescent lipo (awake lipo) with an extra step added in between the numbing phase and the suction phase. This extra step where the laser is passed through the fat near the skin is done for the purpose of helping the skin to "shrink down" afterwards. Shrinking of the skin happens whether you use the laser or not. From the photo your skin doesn't look like it would need to shrink much at all. The example in the photo link below was done with tumescent lipo without laser. Enough said.

Smart lipo does give skin tightening. If skin tightening is needed after traditional liposuction, smart lipo laser or thermi tight radio frequency can be performed later.

I have the laser  and have used it since it's begins. Please remember it is always used along with traditional liposuction.  In your particular case there might be some slight further improvement using it but I would not argue with your doctor if he or she said they wanted to do standard Liposuction. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon