Would skin needling remove the ring from the punch elevation?

Just got a punch elevation, now there is a ring around it and some part of the original scar is still indented. Apparently dermabrasion afterwards removes the ring but the dermatologist is suggesting skin needling because of pigmentation issues as my skin is a light/olive color. Will this remove the ring and help with the indentation left? Or is another possible course of action a better idea? Also as the scar is on the forehead what needle depth is required to improve it if skin needling would work

Micro needling vs Erbium laser

I frequently use an erbium laser to resurface this, however microneedling can decrease the ring itself. You will need multiple treatment over months. If you have some indentation, a small amount of dermal filler such as Restylane or Bellafill can elevate. A picture would help me guide you more. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Micro-needling is excellent for reducing the appearance of scars

Hi Tellebubs,

Micro-needling delivers tiny needle pricks to stimulate the skin’s natural healing processes can minimize wrinkles and improve the appearance of scars in all skin types and with minimal recovery.

Micro-needling is excellent choice for scars. You may need several treatments depending on the depth and appearance of the scar.

As for a scar on your forehead, your medical professional will determine the right depth after they assess your skin (usually no deeper then 2mm).

Best to you, Dr Faraz