Why is the skin around the mole dark? How can I get it removed with minimum scarring? (Photo)

As you can see that skin around the mole is a little darkened . Is it serious ? What is the best procedure to get it removed with minimal scarring Ps- The mole is on the face

New Dark Mole

A new mark mole need to be assessed by a board certified dermatologist to make sure it is not a skin cancer.  A shave biopsy will remove the lesion and it should be tested by a laboratory.  Best, Dr. Green

When You're Concerned, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be removed again with lasers, radiowave or shave. See an expert for minimal scarring. Best, Dr. Emer