What size and type of lift for good results but little scarring? (Photo)

65 lb weight loss. Need implants and lift and more suggestions as to cc and type of lift. I would like minimal scarring

Breast lift with augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a full breast lift with breast augmentation. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area 

#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lollipop lift

You have significant sagging and along with implants may be ok with a lollipop lift but may require a "T".

Empty Breasts

Your breasts have a skin envelope but no fill.  Step one, choose an implant size that will get you to what you would like to see in clothes.  You can do this with your plastic surgeon by trying on implants or using virtual reality (Crisalix).  Step 2:  Your surgeon will pick the best shape and style of implant to fit on your chest and achieve your desired size.  Step 3:  Have surgery and once the implants are in, the skin will need to be tailored.  To get the best shape with your new size, you may require a scar around the nipple, a vertical (or lollipop) scar, or a T-scar.  Which one will depend on how big your implants are, how much nipple elevation you want, and how good your plastic surgeon is.

Dr. Z

Breast lift with implants.

Hello. An inverted T would be necessary to lift your breasts, in this case is difficult to establish the size of the implant by a photo but 340 cc High profile would be a size to begin. Regards.

Kemil Issa, MD

Breast augmentation with lift

A full breast lift- T with as short scars as possible with good sized implants for upper fullness will restore your breasts. Likely high profile gels in range 350-400cc, size would be determined by your measurements and goals.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Breast lift with implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a wise pattern breast lift. Your nipple sits below the inframammary fold and without a lift in addition to the implant, this will not have a natural shape.  A wise pattern lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What size and type of lift for good results but little scarring?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Keep in mind, that you will be able to find a plastic surgeon who will recommend augmentation only, without breast lifting.  Having said that, in my practice, I would not offer you breast augmentation surgery only; in my opinion, a full breast lift is indicated as well.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing the breast augmentation/lifting combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with will a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery.  Again, it will be important that you educate yourself regarding the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with breast augmentation/lifting surgery.

Remember, that during breast lifting surgery, some skin is removed, thereby limiting the "space" available for breast implants. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other. Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleas

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photo you will most likely need a full breast lift with a vertical component to achieve the best result.  Breast implant size will depend on a measurement of the base width of your breast which will be determined during your examination by your board certified plastic surgeon.  To learn more about sizing please read the think below and try thick Rice test at home:

Breast lift/augmentation recommended

Getting the right size and with a breast lift with augmentation is not easy to do well. It also has more risk, especially if you are hoping for a large breast implant.  The best thing for you is to go over your desire for improving breast shape and size with a a board certified plastic surgeon.  A vertical mastopexy (or lollipop breast) will be best to improve breast shape and minimize scarring. Technique matters in how scars turn out as well. Then proper choice of implant size should be agreed upon based on your breast and chest width. Good luck!

Mastopexy options

Congratulations on your weight loss.  With implants, you may not need the vertical T incision. However, this cannot be determined without an in person consultation.  Similarly, sizing has to be addressed in proportion to the rest of your body. Best wishes.