What size/shape breast implant is right for my body? (photos)

I'm an 18 year old girl, no kids, never had a cosmetic procedure, looking for fuller breasts, with definition in the cleavage and slightly also in the upper pole of the breast, with a medium size volume, I've attached some pics of myself and the look and size I'm looking for. I am petite, 5'2", 120lb with a small frame and desire a slightly "fake breast" look. What size and type of implant should I get to achieve this look without going too big?

Breast Augmentation

During consultation with an experienced surgeon, you will be able to feel and see different sizes of implants. That way you can judge what size you would like to have. An experienced surgeon is necessary because based on your choice, he/she will have to determine if you are a good candidate for those implants based on your body type. That being said, you look like an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.

Implants

Thank you for the picture and question. I think you are a good candidate for an augmentation, I would recommend a 300 cc saline implant. Please consult carefully with a board certified PS good luck!

Breast Implant Size

You have the type of anatomy to have an excellent result after augmentation:  good symmetry, no chest wall issues, and no sagging.  In my opinion, a medium profile implant appropriately fitted to your breast base diameter would be the best choice.  The average size in our practice is the high 300s (370 and above) to 400 ccs.  This would not over power your figure but nicely balance you upper and your lower body.  Much of this would be finalized during your consultation.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

At 18 you can only get saline implants which would give the look you desire anyway. Likely high profile (salines only come in round shape) and size would be determined by your measurements and goals.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation. Because of your age saline implants are FDA approved for you to include the Ideal structured saline implants.  Silicone implants may be used as an off label indication. You would need a consultation and preferably undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to simulate your postop results.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Dear Natalia,

Thank you for the question and photos. One of your wish photos is of a patient of mine.

Determining the breast implant size is one of the most important parts of this procedure. 

I usually measure your breast and then you can try different implant samples to see what size you prefer. Together we decide on the implant that best fits you and will give you the look you desire. 

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that will help achieve your goals. 

Dr. Khuthaila

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. This question is best answered in the office, where you can be measured and examined. Generally, it is also best to have the opportunity to try on several sizers to see how the implants fit your frame. 

I would suggest doing the rice test at home. Take a pair of nylons, fill each with dry rice ( 1 ounce = approx 30 cc ) and wear that inside your bra for a day. It will give you a good idea of how much added volume will make you feel. 

You should pick the size that matches your frame and breast width. Based on the photos you liked, the size will be fuller and  most likely high profile for more projection and "perky" look. Something in the 400-475 cc range should be close to the pictures you posted. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any final decisions. 

As always, best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health concerns you have are managed by your primary care md. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Around 400ml Smooth Round Saline

The goal of breast augmentation is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a breast augmentation consultation, measurements of the breasts are used as a starting point to recommend a breast implant. The decision on size, shape, and position of these implants is based on the patient’s anatomy and the type and size of the implant and patients preferences.

The picture you posted demonstrates slightly asymmetric A cup breasts and a petite frame. Based on you "wish pic" a sub-muscular, smooth, round saline (because of your age) augmentation of around 400ml will likely get you close to your goals. To adjust for your breast asymmetry, a slightly different sized implant may be placed in each breast and the breast pocket may also have to be modified.

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional simulations can help guide your implant choices. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Your breasts

Smooth round implants -- exact size would be determined after examining you. Estimates via the net are not exact and I would not depend on them. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD