Size expectations after explant and mastopexy? Surgery this week!

I'm having my silicone implants removed and also getting a lift. I was a deflated 34C before my original surgery (10 yrs ago; 275cc w/ a lift) and now I'm a 34DD (same bra brand.) I've gained about 8 lbs since the original surgery. I'm hoping someone can tell me what exceptions I should have regarding "my size" after surgery. I'm very confident with the surgeon I chose. I consulted w/ 3 doctors and received 3 different answers from each so I'm not sure who is in the ballpark! Thank you!

Breast size after removal

It is not possible to accurately predict the size you will be after removal.  Over time the breast tissue tends to thin.  I think that adding the lift is a good idea in order to optimize shape.  I would proceed with the doctor you selected since you said you are confident in him/her and just know that you'll be in capable hands that hopefully will lead to a beautiful result.

Predicting breast size after implant removal

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal and final size.

• It is not possible to accurately predict your breast size  after implant removal, 10 years after they were placed.
  • Breasts can get both larger and smaller over time.
  • The best guide is the difference between your size nine years ago (a year after the implants were placed) and your size now.
  • If you are a cup size larger now, you are likely to be a cup size larger than you started out. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Size

Every surgeon is different and uses different techniques.  I would trust what your current surgeon believes. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Urmen Desai, MD, MPH, FACS

Mastopexy and size

It is impossible to tell you without an exam.  If you have enough natural breast tissue, then it is possible to perform the lift at the same time as the implant removal.  Best of luck.