Size of compression garment? I'm in so much pain, the garment provided feels big on me.

I just had surgery today. I'm in so much pain. The garment provided feels big on me. I don't see much compression in my abdominal area and the size provided was a x large. Can you suggest a particular garment that's one piece, crotchless and has the buttocks exposed? How can I make sure I get the right size since all garments are different

Hello dear,  thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will recommend you to use the second stage garment two sizes smaller than you are right now, using a big garment will not help with the swelling and the liquid. 

Garments

If you need to be refitted you will have to order one. I often refer patients to Marena or Veronique but there are many good companies out there.

Contact your surgeon and explain your concern.  It is important to have some compression after surgery and your surgeon might be able to accommodate you and provide a smaller size garment if needed. Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

You will have to get input as to what type of garment your plastic surgeon recommends.  Some recommend butt in or butt out garments or binders or full body.