What size am I?

I am 1 week 4 days po. I started with a small b almost a cup. I got 400cc silicone under in my left and 450cc in my right. So what does that make me, 450cc? My right was a little smaller that's why he put the 450 in. When people ask I don't know what to say

What size am I?

Thank you for your question. It is best to have an expert measure your breasts. It is difficult to measure or provide a relevant or even close to accurate size through this method. 

What size am I?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately there is no direct correlation between cc size and bra cup size and you are too early in your recovery  to be able to accurately determine a bra size due to swelling.   Once your breasts drop and fluff and the overlying skin stretches to accommodate your implants get resized at a specialty bra shop to get your new cup size.  Hope this helps.

Breast Augmentation - What size am I?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post - operative recovery period. Swelling will slowly subside over the next three - six months and you can be measured for an appropriate bra.  Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

It depends

During my consultations, I tell all my patients that there is no way that I can guarantee what cup size they will be. The reason for this is that every bra manufacturer sizes cups a bit differently. Victoria's secret, La Perla, and other stores have slightly different ways of sizing bras and so there will be  a range depending on where you get your bras from. On average, 150 cc increase in volume is one increase in cup size. This rule is more accurate the less breast tissue you have to begin with. Once you buy your new bra from your favorite store, you can tell your friends what cup size you are. I typically tell my patients they can wear whatever bra they want in 4-6 weeks after surgery, but you should follow your surgeon's recommendations.
Best wishes,Dr.Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Cup size

Cup size does not always correlate with volumes used.  It is best to wait until swelling subsides before trying on new bras.  

Breast size

If you were a true small b and added 400/450 then you are probably at least a full c or a bit bigger. It will vary with every bra manufacturer. You might want to get some assistance with getting your first bra with your new size from a professional in the bra department. Good luck.

Answer with the facts

There is only 3 tablespoons different in the size of your breasts.  When people ask,  tell them 300 cc on the left and 450 cc on the right!

What cup size am I after breast augmentation?

I try to tell my patients that cup size is so unscientific and so variable from store to store that it is not even worth discussing.  If you are happy with your size, then the label on your bra from a specific store is not important. Just today, I saw a woman who looks like a "C" and feels like a "C" but Victoria's Secret sized her as a DDD. Her implants were smaller than 400 cc. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Size

Hello, in general a cup size is about 200cc. Manufactures all vary in what they call a particular size... Macy's bras maybe a C cup...but same size bra from Victor S. could be a D. I would say you should fall into the D cup range...that guessing without pictures or exam.

How to tell what size you are postop

When you are trying to determine what size your breasts are after surgery there are usual measurements that patients use.  One is the objective size of the implant.  In your case, I would call that 450 cc just to make it easy.  But I dont think the cc measurement is very helpful.  If a woman starts with an A- cup and puts in 450 cc that is a very different case than if she starts as a C cup and puts in 450 cc.
So the more meaningful measure is really your cup size after surgery.  The problem with this measurement is that there is no standard scale that everyone agrees upon like with a pound or a mile.  SO what may be a C in one bra may be a D in another.  
I know its not the answer you want, but I think the best answer to the question is, "I'm finally the right size for my frame and am now happy with how I look."

Samuel Beran, MD