Sitting on plane 5 weeks after BBL and lipo with a pillow or without ? Still hurts under buttock crease. (photos)

I got a bbl and lipo from Under my buttock crease, This wil be my first time sitting for a long period of time. Because it's tender under my buttock still what should I do? It's a 3 hour flight??? Will it affect my butt at all?

Thank you for your question.It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. At 5 weeks, you should be okay to sit directly on your buttocks but if it is uncomfortable or tender then I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up to walk every hour. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Flying and surgery

Thanks for the question. I always recommend to my patients to wait at least 2 weeks to travel but every surgeon has its own rules, so i suggest you to talk with your plastic surgeon and follow his advices.Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

BBL and flying

Speak to your surgeon about what his preferences are in terms of both flying and sitting at this point. Best of luck.