Single girl in NYC- Have to resume work and dog walking ASAP. Before: small34A, got 350cc silicone dual plane. Advice?

Im 10 days post-op. Recovery thus far has been very good (knock on wood) but I NEED to return to work asap, and nobody can help with my dog after this Friday. He needs to walk 3x a day. He's 25lbs, sometimes he pulls (Boston Terrier). What are the risks of walking him at this point? And can I go back to bartending at the 3 week mark? I only work there 2 days a week, but I'm on my feet all day. Im afraid of losing my job and my poor dog needs to go out. Theres no way I can wait *6 weeks*.

Activity Restrictions Post Op

Thank you for your question. I talk about activity limitations such as avoiding dog walking or lifting over 10 lbs with my patients before planning BA surgery. 6 weeks is the minimum timeframe I give as well. At that point we consider your implant pocket to be well- healed but putting strain on the area and flexing pectoral muscles before then could put your results at risk. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon for specific direction on this.
All the best

Recovery and activity

At ten days things I am sure are getting better. I do not like patients of mine to resume exertion for several weeks. You should check with your doctor about the dog walking.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best and every surgeon has a slightly different post-operative protocol. 
I don’t recommend my patients engaging in any activities that include weight bearing or resistance before 6 weeks. I would recommend paying for a dog walker until that time or you receive clearance from your doctor and limiting the amount you are lifting at work, making drinks and lifting a bottle of alcohol will be fine though. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

You really should discuss this with your surgeon.  Ultimately, the only person who should be dictating your postoperative instructions and limitations is the surgeon who performs the procedure.  Only he/she knows your background, your specific case, the surgical maneuvers planned and performed, etc.  While we online consultants aim to help as much as possible, it is not appropriately that we be dictating any aspect of the postoperative care for a patient with whom we are not familiar, nor have even met. That said, you obviously can't risk losing your job by adhering to the letter of the law too strictly.  It is very unlikely a 25 pound dog could pull enough to seriously affect the result at this point.  Not impossible, but very unlikely.  Bartending at three weeks should be very safe as well.  I tell my patients who have work requirements that basically it is weighing the risks.  When the risks are very small, and a situation where your job is in jeopardy, taking these exceedingly small risks makes sense to me.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Return to work after augmentation

My patients generally return to work a week after augmentation surgery.  In terms of the dog, it may be wise to look into a dog walking service for a few weeks even though the risks are low, unless he were to pull you to the ground, etc. As for work, standing on your feet and physical mobility are not compromised by your surgery. The only limitation would be lifting heavy crates of liquor or glassware. Perhaps you can, discreetly, ask a coworker for assistance. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon