Is this simulated rhinoplasty before and after possible? (Photo)

I am considering getting a rhinoplasty to correct the bump on my nose and to reduce the size of the tip of my nose. Is a before and after similar to the pictures below realistic? This is a photoshopped image - the photoshopped photo is on the left and the unedited image is on the right.

Rhinoplasty

It is a little difficult to tell much from the photos.  However my impression is that your expectations are realistic and I believe that you are a very good candidate for a Rhinoplasty Procedure.  Be sure and select someone who is not only board certified but also experienced in nasal surgery !

Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Rhinoplasty simulation

You're simulated rhinoplasty results are very reasonable and achievable.  While no guarantees are made and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to get very close to that.  When you haven't in person consultation your surgeon should be able to perform digital imaging and simulation in the office to also simulate what can be achieved.  This way reasonable expectations will be set.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty simulation

Is the simulated rhinoplasty before and after possible?

The simulated rhinoplasty photograph is possible,by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it.  Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones can accomplish narrowing and straightening the bridgeline. The tip of the nose can be reduced with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Subtle Rhinoplasty is always Realistic

The changes you show are definitely realistic. A small bump can be shaved and not over-reduced. A tip can be slightly lifted and not over-lifted. Narrowing is always possible, but without a front view it is hard to say what exactly should be done. The way in which tips are narrowed is extremely important, and a focus on the fullness in the infratip lobule is a key element to tip-plasty. Natural narrowing, without pinching is always a goal for me. Deviation can be corrected as well, if present. A consultation with computer imaging and an examination would solidify your surgical goals. Most likely your procedure could be done using a closed approach.

Subtle Rhinoplasty is always Realistic

Photoshop images are deceptive

It is very important not to rely on Photoshop images offer rhinoplasty results.  It is impossible for a surgeon to duplicate what a computer can achieve.  It is better to discuss in detail the changes that you want and be realistic about the amount of change that can be accomplished by your surgeon.

Regards

Dr. J

Photoshop images are deceptive

Regards

Dr. J

Before and after

Before and after photos are an awesome way to communicate with your surgeon... but are not a full guarantee of result. You should feel comfortable with your surgeon. 

Regarding your change, the photos you posted are not showing a difference. Maybe there was an error on the post from Realself. Maybe you should re-post with additional pictures. Best of luck.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Before and after

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Computer imaging

Yes, it is possible to get a similar result, but I will say that computer imaging and actually surgery can be different. Surgery deals with living tissue and for this reason one can not completely control how the skin and soft tissue will respond to healing. ( i.e. scarring, and shrinking) 

Computer imaging

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

Unfortunately, the photos you submitted are quite small and it is hard to determine the differences. But a rhinoplasty can fix dorsal humps to smooth out the bridge and refine the tip to make it look more pleasing. I would schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a physical examination of your nose and discussion of your cosmetic goals to see if they are achievable and you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Rhinoplasty

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Rhinoplasty may be considered for achieving a smaller, less distracting, and more feminine nasal appearance.

If you have dissatisfaction with your nasal appearance, consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what to expect after surgery. Your photoshopped photos are difficult to interpret as your desired result appears subtle. Wishing you well. Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible rhinoplasty result

It is certainly possible but home/phone apps that photoshop a single photo are no substitute for a detailed 3-D image with specialist software and, in my opinion, the Vectra XT give the best image quality and the most accurate simulations. I would recommend seeing a surgeon in your area who can offer this service before committing to this type of procedure.

Possible rhinoplasty result