Shock loss? What is going on with the back of my head after FUE?

Very worried here. I had my second FUE one week ago about 14 months after my first FUE. I've been following the wash routine and I'm looking in the mirror at the back of my head and seeing a lot of new thinning that wasn't there pre-op. I'm also touching the back of my hand and at least a half-dozen hairs are coming off each time I touch it. What the heck is going on? Is this shock loss? Will this hair come back? I included an image of the back of my head in sunlight from 14 months ago.

If you are having shock loss or issues after surgery it is best to contact your doctor for a recheck and examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock loss?

Shock loss follows a hair transplant but usually you see it in the first procedure not the second if it is close to the first one.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon