Severely sagging breasts. Can I get a breast lift without implants? (Photo)

I am 34 years old while in junior high and just starting to wear a training bra this boy in my class would pull my strap and let it go on my back. I was very embarrassed and humiliated after that I stopped wearing my bra. I am very self conscious about it and seeing as I am single would like to get it done for me. I am currently a 38 C and trying to lose 35 more pounds. Do I need to wait until I get to my desired weight to get the procedure done? Please advise and thank you so much for your time

Should I keep losing weight before my breast lift surgery?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question about the possibilities of having a breast lift without implants.  Congratulations about losing weight and at this stage we would strongly recommend you reach your goal weight before consulting with a plastic surgeon.  35 pounds is a significant amout of weight and may further impact the size and shape of your breasts. For now consider focusing your time on finding a plastic surgeon in your geographic area who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) and ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery).  I hope this is helpful and I wish you all the best.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy alone certainly possible

in general, its good to complete weight loss and be stable at that weight for a few months before surgery, unless you already know that weight changes don't affect your breast area.
       a breastlift alone might do the trick for you......a detailed exam and discusssion with a plastic surgeon will help you decide how to approach your particular situation. if you do a lift alone and then decide the size/fullness is inadequate, you can still go back later and add a breast implant.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Severely sagging breasts. Can I get a breast lift without implants

Of course you can. Breast implants are not required to create upper pole fullness when using The Horndeski Method breast lift. Take a look at the attached video of a woman who underwent this technique that did not want breast implants or the dreaded/very visible vertical scar. As far as your weight is concerned, it is always best to be at your ideal weight before undergoing any type of body contouring procedure. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would recommend that you reach your goal weight before having a breast lift procedure.  You appear to be a worthy candidate for a breast lift without implants as you have a good deal of breast tissue that would give you a nice result.  Please be sure to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Weight loss and breast lift

Thank you for your question and for providing photos.  My advice would be to wait until you reach your desired weight before scheduling your breast lift procedure.  The decision to have a lift with or without implants depends upon how large you want to be and the amount of superior pole fullness you desire.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Severely sagging breasts. Can I get a breast lift without implants?

If you are on the path the weight loss it would be best to wait on considering plastic surgery until you have reached your desired weight, as the overall appearance of your body will change. A breast lift can certainly be performed without implants however, this will change the size of your breasts. The best way to evaluate your options is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. With experienced help you can determine which options are best for you to achieve the appearance you are looking for.Thanks and best of luck

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for your question! It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance. Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts. Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. The implant itself will add these things - given your photos, a breast lift alone is a reasonable decision. It us also common for the areola to enlarge and stretch during these changes. The lift will also serve to raise the nipple areolar complex to its appropriate position above the breast crease and at the most projecting portion. In addition the areola size will be decreased, which is often desired by the woman.

The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you.  Thank you for your question! Hope that this helps. Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast contour, #breastlift #mastopexy #breastaugmentation #microfatgrafting

Dear Aquarius1

I am sorry for your experience. Thank you for your questions and photos!  If you are planning to lose weight - then it would be prudent to wait till you have reached your goal.  The implants would only be needed if you want to maintain or increase your breast size with the lift.  The Breast lift will make your breasts look smaller- even if no tissue is removed.

With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Weight loss before surgery

Thanks for your question.  Yes, I do believe in your case that losing 35 lbs before surgery is recommended as that is a significant amount that will definitely affect your breast size. 

At your ideal weight., assess your breast volume and make a determination as to whether or not you would prefer to increase your breast size with an implant. Best of luck.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift, no implants

Dear Aquarius,
You can certainly have a breast lift without implants.  It is best to lose your weight first and I recommend maintaining that weight for at least 3 months (to make sure that you can) before proceeding with surgery.  You will lose some size with a breast lift and possibly with a 35 pound weight loss, which may change your feelings about the need for an implant.  Good luck!