Is it possible to get a scarless breast reduction plus implants?

I realize how counter productive that sounds but here is my rationale: I am 23 years old and am a 36E. I have been thinking about a breast reduction due to back pain but the scarring associated with older techniques makes me apprehensive. A scarless breast reduction seems like a good option but I worry my natural breasts will sag significantly with children, weight fluctuation, normal aging, etc.

Breast reduction without scar.

Hello. thanks for your question. I recommend you visit a certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your surgical options and argue with  him your fears and questions.

Scarless breast reduction

Liposuction, with a very small scar, can be used in some women to reduce their breasts.  However, this procedure is usually used in women over 40 due to the fat content of their breast. Sometimes we do remove excessive sagging breast tissue and insert an implant for upper fullness.  I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Scarless Breast Reduction & Augmenation

Thank you for your question.  I would agree with my colleagues that this combination of procedures is problematic and not likely to give you the outcome you desire.  I would recommend seeking a consultation to discuss your options. Best wishes.

Liposuction is not a replacement for Breast Reduction

Scars are terrifying and you are not alone. However the thought of having very droopy, saggy skin afer liposuction will in fact be worse as you are quite young. Your breasts will appear not as youthful.
If breast reductions could be possible without scars l sure l would be a millionaire. Its just not possible in a breast size like yours.
Don't rush into a decision such as this and visit several plastic surgeons to seek their opinion prior to locking yourself into any surgery.
I wish you all the best.

Benjamin Norris, MbCHb, FRACS(Plast)
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

YOu need to see a plastic surgeon

A well qualified plastic surgeon can explailn to you why what you are aking for won't work. You need a regular breast reduction. At your size there is no such thing as a scarless reduction.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Scarless breast reduction

It is sometimes possible to reduce volume with liposuction alone but it will not tighten the skin envelope and the breasts may sag afterward. Best of luck.

Scarless breast reduction

Thank you for your question. You would need to be examined in person for proper recommendations. In general some patients may be candidates for breast liposuction and specifically ultrasonic (VASER) liposuction and to reduce the fatty tissues within your breasts. Some breast lifting will result from this operation without scars. You may choose to have breast augmentation at a later point in time in this scenario. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast reduction no scars

Thanks for your question, all surgeries have scar but the size of the scar depend on the procedure you will get, you will need an in person consul to determine what technique can be done to produce a smaller breast cup in you without causing a long scar, one point that you should know is that if your breast are very big and they are causing health problems to your back you will probably need a breast reduction to reduce significant size of the breast and this procedure needs a scar. Good luck!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD

No scar reduction?

Thanks for the question, you would have to be examined in person but liposuction is a possibility. Although it was once popular it has fallen out of favor. That being said if a patient has good skin quality and are looking for a moderate improvement and not a dramatic change than it may just work!

Scarless Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question. I try and think of novel ways every day to improve the patient experience after plastic surgery.

Anytime an incision is made on the body, undoubtedly a scar will result. Traditional techniques for breast reduction surgery either use an anchor type scar pattern where the incision goes around the areola, down the front of breast and along the inframammary crease. If the reduction isn't too much, the surgeon can get away with avoiding the horizontal incision but usually needs the incision around the areola and down the breast (a lollypop incision).

Now, another option is liposuction. Liposuction could be considered "scarless" because no incisions are placed on the front of the breast. When I treat males with gynecomastia, I perform the surgery using ultrasound assisted liposuction without incisions on the areola. In a female with 36E breasts, there will also be redundant skin that will need to be removed otherwise, you would look like a deflated balloon. Sorry for the mental image.

Anyways, the scars usually heal up fine, soften, and lighten over time. Satisfaction rates after breast reduction surgery are very high.

- Dr. Bryson G. Richards, MD