How can scar tissue be removed? (Photo)

I had a revision rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. My nose previously had an inverted v and was too small for my face. My revision surgeon was able to fix these issues but my nostrils are still not aligned because he said that there was too much scar tissue. I notice the asymmetry while others do not but I'm still wondering if this can be fixed? I also waited a year before my revision rhinoplasty and I'm wondering if I should have waited longer in order for him to have been able to remove this scar tissue?

Doctor Answers 4

Massage nose with Plato's Scar Serum

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Massage the scar and nostrils with Plato's Scar Serum and speak to your surgeon about the swelling. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Nostril and tip asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is always best to review your initial preop photos to see if any of this was there.  It is unlikely that this can be made more symmetric.

Revision rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. It is too early to make any judgments about your results because you are still swollen.  Return to your surgeon and share your concerns.  This should hopefully help you.  If you are still concerned after speaking with your surgeon, then seek a second opinion with a rhinoplasty expert.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Scar and Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is difficult to tell from the photo if this scar can be revised non-surgically. I have revised many scars through lasers and injections.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in scars for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.