Sagging face and lump on one side after Lipo? (Photo)

Hello, I had lipo on my face about 3 months ago. Around a month ago I noticed an odd lump that randomly formed on my left side. It is very visible now when I talk or smile and ruins my chin line. It is creating a sagging looking line from my mouth to my ear and makes my chin line look very disconnected. I also did get .5cc of filler put in but I do not think that's what it is. Is there anything I can do to get it looking my left side again? Thank you in advance!

Lump?

It could be several things. It could be filler, it could be buccal fat herniated, it could be irregularities from your lips. Best to be seen in person.

#cheeklumpafterlipo

The ligament holding the buccal fat in place may have been disrupted. If that is the case you should be able to milk this protruding fat upward. If so it can be removed via an incision inside the mouth. If it is the filler the treatment would depend on how long after the injection this appeared. If it appeared right away a hyaluronidase injection would be your best bet. If it happened later a small injection of steroid might help.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your treatment.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Sorry your having a tough time. Its a little hard to visualize your problem from your photos and I really would need an in office examination to see what your best options are. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

#plasticsurgery #botox #Juvederm

Hello ali7133,Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to six months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Deformity after Liposuction to the Face

Liposuction to the face should be done very judiciously or it can cause problems like you are experiencing. You may benefit from fat grafting to actually replace the fat that was suctioned and to fix the contour deformity. My practice is expert in this area. I was trained by my associate who is a pioneer in the world of grafting fat and we perform this procedure routinely. I have just completed a chapter in his book "Structural Fat Grafting" on correction of liposuction deformities. Do not hesitate to call the office if you would like to be seen in consultation by me. (212) 571-5200.

Sagging face after liposuction, options?

I am not sure, from your photos, why facial liposuction was recommended.  Liposuction of the face must be performed with extreme caution to avoid producing visible contour irregularities.  To correct the lines that you now see will require adding volume back to the area (such as with fat grafting).  Make sure you get a few opinions on your options from board-certified plastic surgeons and good luck.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy after Facial Liposuction--Fillers, Sculptra, Lasers, radiofrequency

You may still have some swelling which can last 3-6 months. Fillers, Sculptra, lasers, and radiofrequency can improve this. I suggest a formal consultation to determine cause and best treatment options. Dr. Emer.

Facil Soft Tissue Lump

Liposuction of the face can cause indentations and ridges. It is possible that with more time this prominence may resolve BUT it concerns me that you required a filler in this area. Why? Was there a depression? 0.5 ccs of a HA filler can cause a lump, which may also resolve with time. Kenalog 40 may be injected cautiously into a soft tissue prominence to alleviate the problem. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is highly recommended. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Sagging face and mark after facial liposuction

Thank you for asking about your facial liposuction.

• I am truly very sorry that you had facial liposuction.
  • It is known to cause such visible changes -
  • And since your liposuction was only 3 months ago, as more swelling subsides, it it likely to get more noticeable.
  • Filler and fat injections may fill in the depression - I strongly suggest that you see a plastic surgeon and that nothing be done for another 3 months - it will be hard to get a good result when tissues are swollen.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS