Is it safe to have Smart Lipo/laserlipo 3 weeks after breast reduction surgery? Doctor won't perform procedures together

I know it is ideal to perform these two procedures together but my doctor won't do it. He say that the results wont be good that I need a tummy tuck, I think he just wants the most expensive option since my breast reduction is covered by my insurance. So I am looking at other doctors, I've seen and had friend and family that have more fat than me have great results after lipo. I'm on a deadline to have this done before my 30th birthday so it gives me the right amount of time to heal/look sexy.

Liposuction and breast reduction

These can be performed together depending upon your exam, medical history, and your surgeon's preference.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

If they told you you need a tummy tuck, then maybe you need a tummy tuck.

Many women who think they can get away with lipo when they need a tummy tuck are dissatisfied afterwards when they see that their potbelly hasn't changed at all. Tummy tucks aren't cheap, but a tummy tuck after a lipo is even more expensive and results aren't as good as tummy tuck done from the get go. I would wait until your surgeon says you're healed before scheduling your surgery. If you don't believe your surgeon when he says you need a tummy tuck, get a second opinion. Without a photo, it's not possible to tell more.

It is safe to do Smartlipo any time after a BR

Since i don't put you asleep for Smartlipo, but rather it is done in my office, under local with possible oral sedation, it should be quite safe after a BR.without seeing any pictures, it is impossible for me to state whether you are a good candidate for Smartlipo. Not everyone should have Smartlipo and some patients definitely need a TT and not Smartlipo. It is best to see a PS who is board certified with experience in both procedures.david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon