What is a safe amount of time to wait between breast reduction surgery and BBL/abdominoplasty?

I will not be having both the reduction at the time as the other surgeries (will be performed together) and am wondering how far I should schedule the reduction from the second procedures? I know to consult with my PS but I just need second opinions on a timeframe. Thanks in advance.

Time between procedure...

There is no specific time frame that one must wait between surgeries. As long as the tummy tuck is healing well you should be fine within a month or so.  Both Breast reduction surgery and abdominoplasty can be done at the same time in an efficient surgery center.

Timing Between Procedures

Good afternoon.Timing between surgeries can vary greatly depending on the procedure, the surgeon and the patient. Many procedures can be paired together in a complementary fashion (Breast and Abdomen). Some procedures can be more difficult to combine either because of location, length of procedure and particulars of recovery.Though many people are very keen to undergo their procedures as quickly as possible, in order to get back to their regular lives, most find that at least 3 months between surgeries is necessary to get back the energy and desire for that next step.Remember there is nothing wrong with waiting 6 months or more - your recovery is not a race to the finish line!All the best with your upcoming procedures.Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Timing breast reduction and BBL/ Abdominoplasty

Timing between breast reduction and BBL/ Abdominoplasty depends on one's overall medical status and how fast one recovers from surgery.  Individuals in good health and weight,  several months is reasonable   It may take 6 months of longer for some patients to fully heal from their first surgery.

Breast Implants/Breast Reduction/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures to give your body adequate time to heal and recover.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz

I would wait about 2 months at least.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BBL and then breast reduction

It is often a good idea to stage the two surgeries several m months apart to allow you body to recover from the first surgery.

What is a safe amount of time to wait between breast reduction surgery and BBL/abdominoplasty

A good general rule, is to give your body 3-6 months between surgeries in order to recover itself. That being said, you should not be scheduling an abdominoplasty and BBL at the same time. You will not be comfortable laying on your stomach after a tummy tuck and you must stay off your butt for the first several weeks, leaving you with no way to relax and recover. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon