do i need to use the sa'e injector to dissolve two syringes of voluma?

i had one under one of the cheekbone to even out adymmetry (turns out it wasnt the cause of asymmetry and in the buccal area (lumpy and make me look older). it has been 9 days. i dont think i am swollen bc my face has looked the gor last 5 days. it was injected deep in some areas. i would like to go to someone who is very experienced in filler mistakes. or do i have to go to the same injector? i am not confident in his experience with hyaluronidase.

Voluma results

Sorry to hear that you don't like your results. Having said that, I would advise you to wait 2-3 weeks before passing final judgement. It can take that long for everything to really settle. However, if you are still unhappy, then find a board certified plastic surgeon (try the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website) in your area who has a lot of experience in Voluma and have it dissolved. It sounds as if you don't trust your original injector.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question angelika. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. It could take up to two weeks to see final results after a filler treatment. We have patients return at this time to take after photographs and assess the results. At this time more can be added or some can be dissolved if desired. It is always best to return to the original injector for corrections as he/she know exactly what was injected, how it was injected, and where it was injected. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Voluma Results and Un-happiness

If you want this filler reversed you can go to an expert for hyauronidase which will dissolve the product.  Voluma takes a few treatments for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Unhappy with fillers

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with the fillers, but I would wait two weeks at least to allow things to settle. Then speak to your injector, if still not happy, have someone else take a look at what was done, if you have before pictures, that would be helpful. 

I have had a few 'unhappy filler' patients (injected by others) come to me for an evaluation and a lot of the time, I have ended up placing more filler which has 'fixed' the problem, rather than remove filler. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Fiilers

It's really important to go to an experienced injector who knows the anatomy.  There are many types of fillers and having a seasoned injector makes all the difference.  The filler can be reversed, but you should ask around to make sure your treating provider is experienced with fillers and knows the anatomy of the area to achieve optimal results.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Final Result With Voluma

Thank you for your question and sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  In general, after Voluma injection, you will see your final result at 2 weeks postprocedure.  Sometimes it can take a little longer for things to settle in.  I do not recommend using Vitrase for at least 2 weeks to allow normal postprocedure swelling to resolve and to see the final result of your procedure.  My best advice would be to give it a full 2 weeks to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, then please contact your injector for reevaluation to determine the best course of action.  If you do not feel comfortable with him or her during the reevaluation, then please do seek a second opinion.  Best wishes!

Same injector for dissolving?

I usually urge patients to follow up with the injector and see how they feel about the injector's response. If you feel comfortable then you are all set and often the dissolving procedure will be performed without charge. If you are not comfortable then you should seek a second opinion but in this case you will most likely need to pay for the procedure. I hope this helps and best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dissolving Filler

Voluma is a great product but it can sometimes take up to one month to settle in. I would get a second opinion in looking at the face and I would wait at least two weeks for the filler to subside.  Best, Dr. Green

Can seek second opinion

A second opinion may help you restore confidence.
Generally the first doctor will be more helpful in your care and charge less, but if you are not feeling it, go with your heart.
Dr. Denkler