What are the risks of septum/septal caudal repositioning repositioning?

I am a revision rhinoplasty patient with a flat, droopy nose. I'd like to get a rhinoplasty to fix and fix a septum that is deviated after nasal trauma. My septum has already been harvested once for tip grafts & is pretty weak and thin due to age and since I'm Asian. What do I need to worry about as I seek to straighten my septum as part of my final procedure? #septoplasty #septal caudal repositioning #revision

Revision Rhinoplasty With No Septal Cartilage - Rib Cartilage Graft

Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most complicated procedures in plastic surgery. In order to get a good result, cartilage grafts are usually needed. In many cases, the septum has already been harvested during the initial procedure. If there is no septal cartilage, or if the septal cartilage is inadequate, rib cartilage is often required. As a purest, I do not believe in using synthetic material in the nose. Therefore, I explain to all of my revision rhinoplasty patient's, that I will probably need to harvest rib cartilage through a small incision on the chest wall. This strong, straight cartilage will allow me to increase tip height and projection, augment the dorsum, straighten the nose and perform many other maneuvers often necessary in revision rhinoplasty. 

Septal repositioning

If your septum has been harvested already, you might be susceptible to nasal collapse due to septal weakness. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty

As with rhinoplasty in general, it is key that your surgeon is experienced with both the aesthetic and functional aspects of rhinoplasty.  Moving or adjusting the septum requires balance in order to improve breathing while addressing the external appearance of the nose..