How to get rid of my fatty mons pubis? (photos)

I have had a fatty mons pubis since I can remember. I have fluctuated weight of the years and it's never gone away. It's hereditary too. I am very insecure about it and want it gone! Will a tummy tuck get rid of it? I'm scared of scaring. Will liposuction get rid of it and my lower tummy bulge too?

Liposuction, tummy tuck or combo of the two can address your concerns.

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos, there does appear to be fat deposits that give this area an overly full appearance, and this can likely be improved with liposuction. However, my concern is that there already appears to be some loose, excess skin and removing fat from this area could exacerbate this issue. You may benefit from a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and smooth out the lower abdomen. Liposuction could then be used to further slim and contour the area to give a more balanced and aesthetically-pleasing appearance. Saying for certain which procedure(s) will be best for you is impossible without a physical exam, so consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine your best course of action. 

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Mons lift/reduction

Thank you for your question and photos. It is common practice to have a mons reduction/lift combined with a tummy tuck. The procedure allows your physician to remove excess fatty tissues and tighten the skin while lifting the pubic are. This procedure can also be performed on its own without a tummy tuck. Liposuction can be used to decrease the amount of fat in the mons pubis with or without lifting (based on your skin quality and laxity). Liposuction alone may be an option for you however without a proper assessment it is not possible for me to say for sure. You want to be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to explore all your options. Hope this helps. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Reduce fat in mons pubis

Thank you for asking about your mons pubis liposuction.

• Liposuction will reduce the fat in your mons and can reduce your tummy fat too.
  • If you have had children, you might need a tummy tuck instead.
  • But based on your photos, liposuction looks likely to be the answer.
  • Enjoy your result!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo for mons pubis

Liposuction can help many full pubic regions. However, in the photos posted you appear to also have loose skin ( an exam in person would be best to be sure), which may benefit from excision and lifting.

Mons Pubis Reduction

Kelly
Your problem is fairly common and corrected by liposuction and excision redundant skin, if necessary. The procedure takes about one hour and recovery is fairly swift. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Contouring mons pubis

The redundant fat of your mons pubis can be reduced a number of ways. Liposuction can reduce the amount of fat in this area but whether or not your skin will countour nicely or sag can only really be determined with an exam. In addition to liposuction a skin excision could be performed to tighten the skin in this area. This skin excision could be part of a tummy tuck or be done as an isolated procedure. I will always reduce and lift the mons pubis as necessary as part of a tummy tuck.

Fatty mons pubis

You may benefit from liposuction of the abdomen as well as of the mons. An examination would be necessary to evaluate your abdominal skin tone as well as musculature.  This is a far less invasive procedure than an abdominoplasty with a shorter recuperation.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss whether you are a candidate for this surgery.
Dr. Kraft
Yale Educated Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of mons pubis

Based on your photos, it appears you would benefit from liposuction of your abdomen and mons pubis area.
Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a complete evaluation.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

You would probably do very well with liposuction for your abdomen and pubic area. This can be done as a outpatient procedure under local or general anesthesia. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options and concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon