Rib or ear graft?

hello docs i am getting a third rhinoplasty and dont have too much spetum left and might need ear or rib cartlidge but my surgeon will try his best not too use it if not neccessary. Lets say it must be taken.. will my ribs feel very weird after or my ear when I touch behind it, it will feel very flimsy or something. I heard you guys take from a rib that is extra? I am just very nervous?

Rib vs ear graft in revision rhinoplasty

When there is a need for structural grafting in a revision rhinoplasty, the sources of cartilage can include the septum, ear, and rib. The choice depends upon the need - whether for a small amount vs more, straight vs curved, etc.We find that the donor site - rib, ear - is rarely problematic to the patient. Yes, it feels differently, but it has been my experience that this doesnt typically trouble people. Perhaps you could speak with someone who has had the procedure and find out more. Your doctor should be able to put you in contact with someone willing to discuss their experience. Best of luck.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rib graft

Rib graft is often used, you can also have cadaver graft as well.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.