Rhinoplasty. What procedures need to be done from the looks of it? (photos)

I would consider myself to have an ethnic nose. I can say im 100% sure no one has this nose although I do get confused to be asian or philipino. I have done research and been very curious to see someones outcome whom may have my type of nose but cannot seem to find anything close to it. I am a hispanic female wanting to know what procedures are needed for my type of nose.

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. A piece of your own cartilage can also be placed on the bridge of your nose to build it up and add more projection. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from reduction of the width of your alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Hispanic nose

The photographs show a very prominent tip and wide nostrils.  Alar plasty and tip plasty will certainly address you concerns.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty. What procedures need to be done from the looks of it?

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation

It looks like you could benefit from dorsal augmentation and tip work with alar base reduction.  Best to be seen in person.

What procedures. do I need

A rhinoplasty will help with the broad low bridge by building it up with septal cartilage grafts. Weir excision will narrow the nose and a chin implant will give better balance to  your face.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon