Rhinoplasty swelling & strut & shield grafts?

Can someone explain the difference between a shield & a strut graft? I had both, along w osteomies & tip refinement 3 weeks ago. My bridge & tip seem wider. I'm aware of swelling being an ongoing process I need to be patient with. My nostrils, when I touch the insides w a q tip, feel hard inside. It's not crusting. Do these grafts increase the swelling & also can they make my nose look bigger? I see a big difference in my profile but front & 3/4 are bulky :-( Thank you!

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Shield and strut grafts

A shield graft refers to a type of tip graft that looks like a shield increases the length of the tip. A strut graft like one placed in the columella adds support.