Do I need a rhinoplasty to reduce my nose bridge? (photos)

In my opinion, my nose bridge is too high and the front view is too long. I'd like to make it a little more sloping and short. Would this suit my other features (short chin and big cheeks)?

Do I need a rhinoplasty

No you don't need a rhinoplasty.Your chin is too short and makes the nose look out of proportion.I would recommend a consultation and see what a larger chin would do to your appearance.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a rhinoplasty to reduce my nose bridge?

GreetingsThank you for your question, you are good candidate for Simple Rhinoplasty.In the simple rhinoplasty we don’t break the nasal bone or remove any cartilage tissue. We make some small touches to nasal tip and cartilage tissue as well as the nasal bone. After this operation you won’t have any bruises, edema or you will not be have to receive any intranasal buffers.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

thank you for the question. A rhinoplasty can accomplish lowering your bridge, refining your tip and shortening it. Your nose doesn't have any major deformities but getting a slightly more feminine nose is realistic. Becareful not to over the 'slope' as it can look artificial and may not match your high cheeks. Chin May need augmentation but 3D shape is important to see in person. Seek a consult and get an opinion. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones will accomplish narrowing the bridge line.  The tip of the nose could also be adjusted as well, if needed.    For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  This can also shorten the overall length of your nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD