Would rhinoplasty or a lip reduction be best to make me pretty? (Photo)

Rhinplasty and lip reduction procedures

Hello and thanks for your question.

Generally speaking, most of the improvement you are requesting are reasonable and possible with a rhinoplasty and lip reduction procedures.

I would highly recommend visiting a few plastic surgeons who specialize in this exacting and artistic procedure. In our office we provide patients with a personalized, individualized  and complementary consultation to address these similar issues.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Nose or lips...

In general, making a nose thinner can really enhance the face as a whole, while making the lips smaller is not as much of an enhancement. The lips are also harder to make smaller because of their elasticity. Be sure to have a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to see what can be done for you.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from decreasing the width of the alar base.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and/or lip reduction

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what you are most concerned about and how the results you are looking for can be achieved.