Rhinoplasty after tonsillectomy?

Hello there, Can I do rhinoplasty a few days or one week after a tonsillectomy? Or tonsillectomy one week after rhinoplasty? If not how long should I wait for the next operation? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty after a tonsillectomy

It is probably best to wait at least a few weeks to get over the tonsillectomy pain and discomfort before electing to undergo a cosmetic procedure on the nose.    Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your  Surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. 

Time between surgeries

Thanks for your question. Tonsillectomy tends to be a very painful surgery, so you should give yourself a good 4-6 weeks in-between. Good luck!

Satyen Undavia, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend waiting one month in between surgeries.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

2 surgeries

I would wait at least a month between surgeries. You want to basically be mostly healed after one before you have the other. You could do either first. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD