Revision rhinoplasty columella strut; I have no clue what to do?

Docs I have a columella strut graft that is really uncomfortable. I can feel it goes past my actual columella and is in my upper lip area and it is bouncing around with lip movement and is grinding against something. My objective is so that I will not feel it mobile nor feel it in this area. I have gotten many opinions and most docs say if you shorten it, the tip will drop a lot. I have no clue what to do and feel depressed and hopeless? This will be 3rd operation

Columella strut

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry you're having a difficult time.The phenomenon you're describing can certainly happen with a columella strut. Look for a surgeon with significant experience in revision rhinoplasty. In Manhattan there are multitude.Shortening the strut can certainly cause the tip to drop, but there are some methods to secure the strut so it doesn't move as much. I would consider that a minor revision, but one that certainly requires skill and great understanding of rhinoplasty.

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon