Is It Possible to Have a Revision Rhinoplasty to Break Down the Bone and Restore the Size of a Previously Augmented Nose?

I underwent a rhinoplasty surgery a year ago for a deviated septum where the surgeon increased the nasal bridge height by performing an osteotomy which served to also lengthen my nose. I thought a straighter nose would have an improved cosmetic appearance. The outcome is not at all what I wanted or hoped for. The bigger nose now interferes with upper lip function for smiling and speaking.

Is Revision Rhinopasty Possible

Over the past 35 years I've rarely seen a patient who could not have a revision rhinoplasty. I need to see pictures so I  can make recommendations and establish reasonable goals for you.

Is Revision Rhinopasty Possible

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revision rhinoplasty question

Dear Pepper123,

1. If the bigger nose interferes with upper lip function, it could be that a graft was placed in the columella limiting the smile
  2. I would seek out a revision rhinoplasty expert because these cases can be even more complex than the original surgery

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Revision rhinoplasty question

Dear Pepper123,

Best regards,
Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

• It is almost always possible to revise a nose , however, it is a more complicated procedure than the first time around and will require an experienced surgeon who does quite a number if them. Be sure to bring the operative note with you to the consultation so the surgeon can review what was done.  

Revision rhinoplasty

Many thanks for the question. I wish you posted some pictures. I find it impossible to help you without any images. Wish you good luck.

Revision rhinoplasty

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination or at least reviewing some of your facial pictures. However, based on your descriptions you may had a columellar strut graft that is possibly changing your lip to nose ratio.  It would be better that you post photo of your nose for evaluation. You may be qualified for a revision rhinoplasty.

Revision rhinoplasty