Do I need a revision? How will they go about fixing it? (Photos)

I'm approaching 6 months after my surgery now and my breasts are still uneven. I had a concentric lift (to correct my constructed breasts) with 400cc silicone implants through nipple incision. My left one is super soft and feels very natural, but also may have bottomed out. My right boob is harder and sits higher which makes me think it capsular contracture. You can see a huge difference when I left my arms because my nipples are obviously uneven. Do I need a revision and what would be done?

Capsular contracture and breast lift revision

Dear Miszde,
It does appear that you have a capsular contracture displacing your implant upward.  This may have caused the nipple on that side to appear lower.  The other possibility is that the nipple on that side needs more of a lift.  A word of caution on the 6 month thing.  Six months is only an average time period that we tell patients that it will take for implants to settle into position.  So, some patients may take 8 or 9 or even 12 months for their implants to settle.  An in person history and exam, along with review of pre-operative photos would be required to make that determination.  Good luck!

Revision.

Open capsulectomy with revision breast lift would be required to reconstruct your breast. You have scar tissue contracture and Baker 4 capsules that require release of the capsules with lowering of the implants 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question and posting appropriate pix. Looks as though you may have capsular contracture and may benefit from implant and pocket revision. I prefer shaped devices for patients with breast construction. You would need an in person consult for precise advice. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast revision

You may need a revision. It is better to look at you with your arms down. If you still look the same, then a revision might improve the overall look. Best also to compare preop photos.

Do I need a breast revision?

Based on your description and photographs, it seems like you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery. What operation should be done will depend on careful physical examination and careful communication of your goals. Adjustment and/or removal of breast implant capsules, better positioning of breast implants on your chest wall, and possible additional breast lifting are thoughts that come to mind immediately.  Best wishes.

Revision options for asymmetry and possible capsular contracture

It appears that you have a few different issues. Constricted or tubular breasts often have a short distance from the nipple to the bottom of the breast, so correction of that with only a Benelli lift is not always enough. there are different approaches to it but a specific recommendation would need to be based on an in-person evaluation. If you have a capsular contracture, that should be treated first, usually with implant replacement and capsulectomy.

Richard Baxter, MD