Is Restylane silk good for tear through?

i would like to avoid tyndall, so i was wondering if this can be used. not a belotero fan as i had a bad experience (tyndall) since it was place i think superficially.

Filler For Tear Troughs

I would consider using hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane Silk and Restylane for the periorbital tear trough areas. They are safe fillers and will not cause significant swelling. They can last for over a year in this area. It should be injected deep to blend the eyelid cheek/junction. I would not use Juvederm for the tear
trough as it is a volumizing filler. Juvederm is an excellent filler for the lips. These fillers are very safe and effective when done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or Oculoplastic Surgeon.

Restylane silk for tear trough

Thank you for your question. I tend to use Restylane for the tear trough region. However if I am using Restylane silk for the fine lines of the lip, and I have some leftover, I will not hesitate to use this in the tear trough region. I also prefer silk if I am filling in some fine lines near the tear trough region.
What is most important however is that you choose an experienced injector as this is an advanced technique. I've had to correct a number of tear trough injections over the years where the product was placed on the wrong level or too much was used.

Restylane Silk for the tear trough

I absolutely love using Restylane Silk for the tear troughs in my patients. It is very thin and gets incorporated into the tissues very nicely with no lumps of bumps. With the use of a blunt tip cannula to inject the filler, the chances of bruising are exceedingly low, especially in the area around the eye that has many small blood vessels. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk

Yes, both Restylane Silk and Restylane-L can be used as fillers for the tear trough without the risk for any Tyndall effect. However, Restylane Silk tends to cause more swelling since it is a smaller molecule, which makes Restylane-L a more desirable choice for the undereyes.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane silk and Belotero

In the hands of an experienced injector, both products may be used on the area without the worry of Tyndall effect.  Swelling do occur so be patient.  Although I use both products for specific reasons on the area, I generally use Restylane L for its greater lifting and filling capacity with less swelling. Good luck

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD

Restylane Silk or Belotero are good for tear troughs and should not cause Tyndall

Dear September, Restylane Slk can be injected to the tear trough. It is likely to cause swelling for at least a few days after, as it absorbs quite a bit of water. Neither Belotero nor Restylane Silk should cause the Tyndall Effect if injected correctly. Both are scientifically designed for superficial placement. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Dr. Hema

Hema Sundaram, MD
Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Silk works well under the eyes

In general hyaluronic acid fillers are good for under the eyes.  However, some are better than others for that area.  The advantage of Restylane Silk is that it is nice a thin which is a very positive thing for the tear trough where there is thin skin right over the bone so filler can be easily seen if not placed perfectly. 

Restylane Silk does have a tendency to swell, during first few days, in a small percentage of people. However once that resolves the results should be great.

The real key is seeing a doctor who is experienced in treating under the eyes.

Hope this is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane Silk - Tear Troughs

I appreciate your question.
Restylane silk is an excellent choice for your tear troughs. Restylane silk is a brand new product. It is the next generation of Restylane. Smaller particle size and finer. It should also swell less. It is best for real delicate areas and lips.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Hello - I prefer Retsylane versus Restylane Silk for the tear trough region. I recommend scheudling an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Jeremy A. Benedetti, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough

I'm a big fan of using fillers for the tear trough.  I haven't used Resylane silk in this area, because it simply doesn't last very long (3+ months), and then you'll need more, more often.  I actually prefer to use Voluma in this area, and if done correctly, it will give you a cheek lift (aka liquid facelift), while simultaneously obliterating, or filling, the tear trough deformity.  Oh, and it will last 2+ years, and look fantastic.  If you still get a tyndal effect, then you should just have fat injected there.  In fact, depending on your preference, this could be done as the initial treatment.

Other things to help with the tear trough are usually to "mask", but can help a little, such as superficial peels, retinol, etc, which can help build up collagen in the underlying dermis.  Everyone should be doing this regularly anyways!  Hope that helps.