Restylane same appearance as fat filler in cheeks ?

I've had fillers in my cheeks and tear troughs a few times but it goes away in a few month. I know fat filler is more permanent, do they each yield the same outer appearance ?, if so it would it then just come down to me wanting more downtime with a single proceedure or a lifetime of temporary fillers with less downtime

Restylane vs. Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. In the right hands, fat grafting can be a very effective way of restoring volume in a more permanent way. In my experience, only 50% of the fat injected will actually take and contribute to the final result. As you stated in your question, Restylane may be able to create the same effect as fat grafting, however many syringes of filler may be needed to match the result. Given the price point of filler, I like to discuss the option of fat grafting with my patients as a more cost effective alternative to using 8+ syringes of filler. With that said, fat grafting is not for everybody. It seems like you have done some research on the topic, however I strongly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs both fillers and fat transfers. He/she should be able to make specific recommendations for you and discuss risks and benefits of each of these procedures.

Restylane vs. Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Other filler options are available

Thank you for your question. I find fat grafting to be unpredictable, difficult, and not necessarily a long lasting solution. It is impossible to know how much fat will "take" therefore excessive amounts is typically injected hoping half of it will survive. This results in prolonged swelling and bruising, and can create unevenness that can not be tweaked or removed.
opt for a longer lasting filler such radiasse, which lasts about a year, or collagen stimulator like sculptra. After a series of injections, sculptra will last two years or more, with small amount of yearly maintenance after that. Good luck! 

Other filler options are available

Restylane versus Fat for Face NYC

Restylane injections are much easier tolerated than fat and can be dissolved if the patient is unhappy.  I much prefer Restylane over fat both in terms of the results and safety.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane versus Fat for Face NYC

Fat vs Filler

Thank you for your question. Fillers are effective, available and convenient but are expensive over time. They are versatile and reversible which makes them wildly popular with their biggest negative being expense and need for repeat treatments. Fat usually requires a more invasive procedure and longer downtime. Bruising and swelling can last for quite sometime. Fat is also semi permanent so that irregularities can be troublesome and visible for months to years. It is great in areas were placed in a deep plane and much more challenging to place in superficial areas. I routinely place fat at the time of a facelift in the cheek temple and periorbital areas and am pleased with the results.  Many of these patients will go on to need small amounts of fillers to maintain and enhance their result over time and fine tine areas that require more superficial treatment. Therefore a treatment plan will depend on each patients individual needs and areas of concerns. Both are excellent options and often compliment one another. I would recommend a detailed conversation with your doctor to discuss which options make the most sense for you. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Fat vs Filler

Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Restylane vs fat transfer

Dear lpranger467,

Thank you you doe your question. Fillers have a more predictable and safe result. If you would like the filler in your cheek to last longer I would suggest using Voluma. It is a hyluronic acid filler that lasts up to two years. If enough Restylane is used in the eye hollows in my experience it last longer than the package would say(9months.) Fat transfer has less predictable results.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Rabach

Morgan Rabach, MD

Restylane vs fat transfer

Dear lpranger467,

Hope this helps,
Dr. Rabach

Morgan Rabach, MD

Fat in cheeks

I use fat quite often especially when I perform a facelift.  Fat can be permanent but may require several treatments to achieve the desired effect.

Fat in cheeks

Resylane vs Fat for facial filling

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane can be titrated to a patient's needs more easily than fat. It is much easier to remove than fat. It would be unusual to get unpleasant bumps from Restylane. Patients tend to be much happier with Restylane. Downtime is less initially with Resylane than fat, but more time when considering the amount of time added up for repeat injections. Fat is more permanent, but has higher risks. Fat is cheaper when considering how many times Restylane will need to be injected over the years. Make sure your doctor is experienced in whichever procedure you choose.
Good luck,

Resylane vs Fat for facial filling

Good luck,