Can a few repeated sessions of Restylane injections to the nose, give permanent result ?

One of the MDs I consulted about a nose revision had told me that from his experience, if one undergoes a few repeated restylane injections, and maybe few more after a year or so, the filler will be encapsulated by the body and eventually behave as an implant and won't dissolve over time. I'm looking for a safe and permanent solution to my problem, does this make sense? does the filler might gradually build from injection to injection to a point that it is permanent and will not dissolve anymore?

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty Candidate

For a non-surgical intervention, fillers can be used to sculpt the nose. I tend to use a lot of Voluma for this area and achieve great results. I suggest a physician who is an expert in facial contouring to do a formal assessment. Restylane will not have permanent results, and you will likely need to be treated regularly. I do not like permanent fillers here as long term there can be issues. Best, Dr. Emer

Will repeat injections of Restylane lead to permanent results?

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane is a great product for improving the appearance of the nose. It can have a longer duration of results with subsequent treatment sessions, but permanent results are unlikely. The are several products on the market that would give even longer effects than Restylane. See a doctor familiar with treatment of the nose with filler and who has access to numerous filler products. Good luck,

Fillers can induce collagen formation, but the amount is probably very limited. Filler will likely be needed to be injected regularly to get the desired result repeatedly.

Restylane and nose

Although Restylane does induce collagen formation it really does not do enough even over time to get permanent correction. you would do better with Radiesse and that is still not certain

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Restylane & Juvederm and building up of collagen

Yes over time hyaluronic acids build up in the areas injected and especially for scars can lead to more lasting results. Please post a photo of the area to better evaluate. Best, Dr. Green