I have 2 yrs old scar after surgery. I wonder if there are any methods/procedures to remove it or make it less visible? (photo)

Thank you.

Scar improvement

This is a spread scar. Serial excision of a section with plastics closure may improve the outcome. I recommend the serial approach based on the length of the scar and to achieve the shortest resultant scar. 

Scar improvement

Laser scar revision can help blend the scar and make it less noticeable. Scar excision can remove the scar and it can be re-sutured. The latter method comes with more risk and the scar can still look very similar to the original method. If you go the laser route, I would recommend you see a dermatologist with advanced training in lasers. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon