Reduction Rhinoplasty at age 39. (photo)

What issues will i have with reduction rhinoplasty to reduce the size of my nose in regards to healing at the age of 39 or am i too old to have reduction rhinoplasty.

Not too old

You have a great nasal profile and could be refined just slightly with a dorsal hump reduction.   As we get older, our skin elasticity decreases so the bigger reduction to the nasal framework, the more we are asking the skin to shrink back down.  For you, you are still young :) and the reduction shouldn't be too dramatic.  I would expect you to get a fantastic result.

Hope that helps and good luck,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Your age is not a contraindication at all.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty to address dorsal hump

Thank you for your question and for posting your photo.  It would be helpful to see a frontal view in addition to the profile view you posted.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for dorsal hump reduction. In your case, I would recommend a conservative hump reduction to create a straighter dorsal profile. It is likely that you will require osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones after removal of the dorsal hump. You also may or may not require some tip work to refine your nasal tip and create harmony with your nasal bones after these have been narrowed.  At 39 years old, assuming you are healthy you are a great candidate for rhinoplasty and should not have issues related to healing.

I recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is experienced in rhinoplasty. 

Josh Surowitz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reduction rhinoplasty...

With a well performed rhinoplasty, you shouldn't have any problems. While no one can give you a guarantee, the surgeon should be able to take down the bridge so you have a nice straight dorsum. You certainly are not too old as we see patients all the time who have always wanted rhinoplasty but just never got around to it. Just be sure to seek out a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. 

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty at age 39.

In our practice, we have performed a reduction rhinoplasty on patients in their 80s, so it is totally acceptable to undergo rhinoplasty at age 39, as long as you're in good health. The dorsal hump can be shaved down,  tip refined and the bridge line narrowed, all with a close rhinoplasty approach which involves making all the access incisions on the inside of the nose. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Reduction Rhinoplasty at age 39.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Your profile photo shows that you should have an excellent result from a reduction rhinoplasty. Your age (as long as your health is good) should not be a negative factor at all. I do many rhinoplasties on people much older than you . Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing Post Rhinoplasty

Assuming that you are in good general health, your age should not prevent you from getting a rhinoplasty. Healing varies from patient to patient but, in general, you can expect some bruising and swelling for the first 2-3 weeks. You'll need to sleep with your head elevated for the first few days and use cold compresses to bring down the swelling. By 6 weeks post op, you should be at about 80% of your final result. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Reduction Rhinoplasty at Age 38

As long as you're in good health there are no added risks to rhinoplasty surgery because of your age. Many times I've done a rhinoplasty at the same time as a facelift in patients twice your age. In fact, next week I'm doing a rhinoplasty revision and facial rejuvenation including a facelift on a lady from Dubai.