Any recommendation in the New York City area to find a doctor to remove parotid tumor?

I Need to find a surgeon experienced in both parotidectomy surgery and facelift surgery.

Doctor Answers 4

Parotid tumor surgery and a face lift - how to find the surgeon

Thank you for your question about your parotid tumor and your face lift.

  • You first need a surgeon who does facial tumor surgery - 
  • Both plastic and facial plastic surgeons do these operations.
  • Assuming you want the tumor covered by insurance, start with checking the facial plastic and plastic surgeons on your insurance panel.
  • Arrange consultations with one or more of them - until you find the surgeon who seems right for you.
  • Please don't delay -
  • Once you have recovered from the parotid tumor procedure, then if your current surgeon does not do cosmetic surgery, you can ask her/him to refer you to a colleague who does.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews


Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a few board certified facial plastic surgeon who have impressive experience, education, patient testimonials, and before and after photos to ensure that you can measure your rapport/comfort level with the surgeon alongside these credentials.

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 117 reviews


Hello and thank you for your question. I highly recommend you seek consultation with an oncologic ENT surgeon to manage your parotid tumor.  This should be performed in a separate surgery.  Once this is stable and you are healed, then you may be a good candidate for a facelift.  But you could certainly consult with a plastic surgeon before the parotid surgery.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

Doctor for parotid removal and facelift surgery

The usual type of surgeon to see for removal of a parotid tumor would be a head and neck surgeon (ENT).  Facelifts would normally be done by a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  You might try finding an ENT surgeon who is also trained in facial plastic surgery if you are looking for just one surgeon for both procedures.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.