Would you recommend closing drainage device periodically after BBL? 3 days post BBL/Breast Implant with drain exiting.

I'm 3days post BBL/BA, have drainage device exiting my pelvic area. My surgeon isn't thorough with instructions so I'd like clarification. Is closing the drainage device (via clip used to stop drainage before emptying drain) periodically, helpful for healing/promoting fat transfer success or otherwise. A nurse told me closing drain for a while throughout day helps allow body to form the necessary capillaries needed for survival of transferred fat, otherwise, too rapid drainage will hinder this.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I will recommend you to always follow your board certified plastic surgeon's instructions, it will be better if every time you empty the drain, you put on a note how much you drained in 24 hours or less, for you and your surgeon know when is a good time to remove it.

I do not use drains in this procedure.  Usually closed suction drains are used.  I would try to email or call the surgeon.  Surgeons want to know about potential problems.

Drain and BBl

I do not routinely use a drain for BBL. In order for the drain to work, if it is a closed system drain, then the little "grenade-like" structure needs to bed compressed before putting the cap back in so that it can work properly.