Is it possible for me to receive my desired results? (Photo)

Most rhinoplasty images I see of individuals with similar noses to mine appear only slightly different from their original nose. I want a natural-looking small, feminine and dainty nose from all views. The black and white images are images of my nose, while the others are my desired results. I know my nose won't come out looking exactly like that, but I just want to show the direction I'm looking for... Thank you, Rachel

Rhinoplasty Results

Dear Tardisr,You should absolutely be able to get a smaller, more delicate and defined look through rhinoplasty surgery.  I would be happy to see you in consultation to examine you and share the best way to get the results you desire. All the best,Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Some people desire minor changes and other dramatic changes from rhinoplasty

The rhinoplasty consultation should be a dialogue about your desires and your surgeon's thoughts on what can and cannot be accomplished. You can bring potential photos, but of course every person and every nose is different. I find computer imaging including Vectra 3-D to be very helpful in demonstrating potential results. You can also look through the surgeon's before and after book to see if his/her aesthetics fit yours. By the way, the before and after you posted from another patient is a very early result. Too early in my opinion to really tell what the final nose will look like. The surgeon would know better given experience in healing and what they did during surgery.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The Photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose and  an under projecting chin.  For facial balance and proportions, consider performing a rhinoplasty and chin implant  procedures.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, reducing the dorsal hump, and narrowing the tip.  A chin implant  is placed for patient's who have a week and  recessive chin profile.  Placement of a chin implant will help significantly with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose.  For more information and many before and afters of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Your nose

You have a dorsal hump and a boxy tip. Both can be taken care of with a rhinoplasty. You need to talk to the doctor and explain what you want. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

You have realistic expectations

the images you show are certainly achievable with tip plasty and conservative profile alignment. You have very realistic expectations. That's a great thing for any patient looking to have a rhinoplasty. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction and de-projection of your tip to make your nose overall a bit smaller.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for sending images. Although it is impossible to give an exact diagnosis and plan without a full consult and examination, it does appear that you would benefit from rhinoplasty. While it is not possible to make your nose look like someone else's, the images you show demonstrate smaller more defined noses that should be achievable for you with rhinoplasty. Based on your images, you should probably examine chin projections as well; facial balance can affect how small a nose appears no matter what its actual size.The first step to exploring your options for improving the appearance of your nose is to meet with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty- 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon