Not quite ready for surgery - can Botox help lift my brows and correct asymmetry? (photos)

Thanks to genetics I have slightly hooded eyelids and down-turned eyes, and my brow positions are low and asymmetrical. I would love to have more "open" eyes, but I'm only 24 and not ready to invest in a brow lift or blepharoplasty. Could an injectable like Botox be used to improve the look and symmetry of my eyes? Any nonsurgical treatment suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance!

No botox

You have normal facial balance.  Full upper eyelids is a sign of youth. There does not seem to be any brow ptosis.  

Botox for brows

Thank you for your question nyc_research. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. It can also be used to adjust the position of the brows. When Botox is placed between the brows and at the corners of the brows it will relax the muscles that pull the brows down. This will create a subtle lift while pulling the upper lids up, which helps with hooding. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox can also be used to correct asymmetry in certain cases.

When performed by a skilled, board-certified injector with experience injecting Botox for these concerns, yes, Botox can be a great choice to subtly lift the brow in order to open and brighten the eye area. Botox can also be used to correct asymmetry in certain cases. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to discuss your options and see if you are a good candidate for this treatment.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Botox or other neurotoxins can certainly be injected strategically to mildly tweak eyebrow position and "open" the eye area.  Be well-

Estee Williams, MD

BOTOX To Lift Brows

Thank you for posting your photographs with your question. BOTOX or Dysport can safely elevate your eyebrows. It is more difficult to correct for eyebrow asymmetry, but it can be improved. I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, listen to your concerns, explain the process and safely administer the BOTOX or Dysport injections. The procedure itself has minimal discomfort and the results take effect in approximately 2-3 days. BOTOX injections are the number one non invasive plastic surgery procedure performed annually. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Botox may assist in slightly lifting the brow. It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Botox and fillers for Brow and Smile asymmetries

Dear nyc_research:

Thanks for sharing your photos! 

YES, Botox or Dysport muscle relaxers and the use of filler by an artful and talented Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial ENT Surgeon should be able to assist you in achieving these corrections. 

Good luck with this and Happy Holidays!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox for area around eyes

You do not need surgery. Botox when done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help this a great deal

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Eyebrow/eyelid asymmetry

You definitely have some asymmetry with the left brow flatter and lower medially than the right. It also appears that you may have some mild ptosis of the left lid ( you should have an evaluation by an oculoplastic surgeon). Botox injected laterally under the left eyebrow can achieve a 1-2 mm elevation in that aspect of the brow. However, that may also just accentuate what is going on with the medial portion of the brow. A very judicious filler injection over that portion of the brow may help to gain a slight elevation there. I wouldn't advise any Botox in that area. If you want to soften the asymmetry caused by smiling, you may want to try a small amount of Botox in the right forehead muscles to weaken that muscle's ablility to contract as forcefully when you smile. Make sure you see an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon who has experience using these products. Remember too that every face is asymmetric to a certain degree.

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Brow Ptosis

While physical exam is optimal, your photos do demonstrate modest Brow ptosis and slight asymmetry. While I do not usually recommend Botox to someone your age, droopy brows can be raised nicely by properly placed Botox injections. Asymmetry is harder to correct, but feasible. Ptosis or not, you still have pretty eyes, but if it bothers you, Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with lots of experience with Botox to increase your chances of a favorable result. Also, please understand that Botox lasts 4-6 months, and for someone aged 24, it may create a financial burden trying to maintain that result over the years! Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD