Would PRP plasma help? (Photos)

Hi, I've been wondering about the state of my scalp for a while, it has turned pink in some areas and I have lost hair in the past 2 months since the last time I colored my hair, do you think plasma treatment could help me at this stage? Or do you think this could be scars, e.g. scaring alopecia? Thank you for your advice.

Red scalp and hair loss? ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, you  need to be evaluated by hair loss expert. They will do a good history,  examination, possibly blood work and biopsy. Redness in The scalp May mean that you have inflammation. The cause of The inflammation needs to be determined. This can lead to hair loss and needs treatment. Should you also have female pattern hair loss, platelet-rich plasma may be A good option. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

PRP and progesterone can do very well for hair loss in the right situation. I suggest you see an expert in hair loss to determine the case.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Recent Hair Loss and PRP

Thanks for your question!  As with any recent hair loss, I would recommend ruling out other causes of hair loss before pursuing treatment options.  PRP injections are a wonderful way to help decrease shedding and increase hair density.  Be sure to follow up with your primary care doctor first prior to seeing a specialist!  Best of luck!

PRP works well on all cases, some better than others.  It is most effective for miniaturized hairs.  

Its efficacy depends on the amount used, the techniques used, the activation of platelets in the PRP, and whether autologous platelet concentrates are also used in conjunction. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Hair loss NYC and coloring

It is difficult to know from the photo if this hair loss is from coloring your hair or other issues.  It is best to get a full work up to see if there is any underlying medical issue.  PRP works extremely well for hair loss, especially when combined with other  modalities.  Best, Dr. Green