Which procedure should I have done first? BBL, tummy tuck, or hernia repair? (Photo)

I would like to have a bbl and a tummy tuk done.... i also have a large umbilical hernia that I got from my second pregnancy. I would also like to get my hernia repaired. I am not sure which procudure I should have done first or if I can have multiple procedures done at the same time. Please let me know. Would like to schedule a procudure with a surgeon soon. Thanks

Which procedure should I have done first? BBL, tummy tuck, or hernia repair?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to have a tummy tuck, with lipo, bbl and hernia repair, if you will have a tummy tuck, it can be performed at once.

BBL, tummy tuck, hernia and timing

Umbilical hernia repair could be perform at the same time as the tummy tuck.  Liposuction with fat grafting to the buttocks of the abdominal flap fat could performed as the first stage.  As a second stage,  BBL could be performed for additional butt contouring.  

At times in appropriate candiadtes, both procedures could be performed simultaneously.

BBL

I have performed liposuction on patients with isolated umbilical hernias.  I prefer to do the BBL first. I like to stage the tummy tuck ( and have the umbilical hernia repaired) afterward to limit the risk to the abdominal flap.  Best of luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you stage these procedures.  The Tummy Tuck and hernia repair can be performed together.  Then BBL can follow 6 months later.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL, Tummy tuck & Hernia repair

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend staging these procedures into two separate surgeries. The first being a tummy tuck and hernia repair which can be done simultaneously then followed by a BBL. A tummy tuck generally takes around 4-6 months to fully heal then even longer for the scar to soften in appearance. I generally stage these procedures simply because you will have to refrain from sitting on your buttocks for at least 2 weeks after a BBL which means you would need to sleep on your stomach, which may not be optimal when just having a tummy tuck. This reduces complications and provides for a more comfortable post-operative recovery.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

Thank you for the question and the photo. Combining procedures is commonly done, and both tummy tuck and BBL can be done together. The main factor is your underlying health for a safety consideration. 

At the time of the tummy tuck, the umbilical hernia can be corrected. Sometimes this can be done with sutures alone to close the defect, but often a small MESH plug or overlay may be needed to help secure the hernia repair. 

I advised patients to NOT do this surgery if you are planning on having MORE children. Each pregnancy will have more loose skin, more stretchmarks, and if you do this after the tummy tuck, may require additional surgery. 

You should prepare for about 2 weeks off of work to recover, and about a month out of the gym. 

Cost: varies from doctor to doctor, and region to region. Our fees are 8k for the tummy tuck and an additional 4k for the BBL. If the BBL is done separately the normal fee is 6k for one area of liposuction. 

As always best to be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health concerns you have are being managed by your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Umbilical hernia hernia repair multiple procedures

In our practice normally we treat the patients  with this conditions in one surgical time.  Abdominoplsties and BBL are done very frequently in our practice and also many patients with pregnancies had repair the umbilical hernia all in one  surgical time.