What procedure is best for 'side boobs'?

I had a breast reduction with 125 gummy bear implants. My breast are just fine but have caused a flap of skin and fat on each side. My PS will not do anything surgically because he said it will cause a scar almost to my spine. He said lipo would only make it worse because it would not tighten the skin. Basically he said to live with it. When I put on a bra it feels like I have tennis balls in my arm pits. Is there any procedure that shrinks the skin and fat.

Breast reduction

I appreciate your question.
A photo would be helpful but most of the time is lipo this area.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Liposuction with breast augmentation

Please be so kind as to submit photos from the side views of each side and from the front. Ideally, have someone else take the photos so that you can rest your arms at your sides.

Lipo or skin resection are the two options.

Thanks.

Best wishes

Lateral Tissue Excess

Thank you for your question.  It would be helpful to see pictures or do an exam.   If you have lose skin and tissue of the lateral chest, then an upper body lift is the only realistic treatment, which involves an incision circumferentially around the back.  All the best.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Lateral chest wall excess

Thank you for your question. Excess skin and fat lateral to the breast can be treated with liposuction and removal of excess skin. Like most things in plastic surgery it is a trade off between additional scarring vs. achieving the contour you want. If you are accepting of the additional scars I think that you can find a plastic surgeon who will help you if your original surgeon won't. Good luck. 

Breast side boob?

Without photos, it is hard to say what would be best for you.  Not sure why you had a reduction and implants?

Breast tissue in axilla

Adella
Photos or physical exam would be optimal, but it sounds like you have breast tissue in your armpit, and this is usually treated by direct excision. There are scars, but usually manageable. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in our area for a second opinion. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

How to treat "side boobs"

If you have lax skin on the sides or accessory breast tissue near the underarm, these areas can be directly excised or suctioned: it depends on the exact presentation. Oftentimes it is difficult to treat this particular issue at the time of breast surgery. You may need to fully heal from the breast surgery prior to addressing this.
I would recommend you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon, and there are plenty in NYC! Check out plasticsurgery.org for a list.
Best of luck to you!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Axilla side chest

Without an exam, it is difficult to assess your particular situation.  Extra skin and fat on the outside if the breast and into the armpit chest area can be lessened significantly with smart lipo and/or Vaser ultrasound liposuction.  This will rove fat and tighten the skin, usually without having to remove skin and avoid large scars. In some cases, after months of healing, additional skin tightening such as thermi-tight or even small skin excision may be indicated.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures would be recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Armpit breasts

Excess fat and skin in the armpit is best removed. There are techniques of rotating the fat from the armpit into the breast to enhance the size and shape of the breast. The scar is usually not that bad. Radiofrequency devices, or LASER are not useful in my experience and would be a waste of time and money. Displacement of implants can occasionally cause this deformity. See your plastic surgeon for his best advice. Good luck….

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Side boobs

hi, Adella1995.  It sounds like you have excess skin and fat on your lateral chest.  This will require liposuction and excision of the excess skin, which will cause you to have extended scar.  Please discuss with your plastic surgeon about your concern, pros, and cons of undergoing the procedure.  Best wishes.