In my 20s, I was ~185/18% & that is my goal (30s was 195). Lipo will remove exercise-resistant fat, but I want to do my part to achieve the best long term body shape (e.g., diet for visceral fat). For good long term results with minimum skin sagging: Should I lose weight before or after surgery? Is it easier to work on a fatter pt? Is it easier to do gyno surgery on a more muscular pt? Whose outcome is better? How many Ls could be removed on me (i.e.,how much do I need to lose on my own?)
What can I do to prepare for lipo to get the best results? (36, 6'1 210 lbs 30% bf). (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Liposuction - getting the best result
- Getting back to 185 may be easy but staying there may be hard -
- So how about this -
- Lose weight to 205 before liposuction -
- Then after liposuction, lose another ten pounds to 195 and concentrate on staying there.
- If you do this, fat will not return to new areas and you will get an excellent result.
- Then if you do get down to 185, you will look even better but skin should remain tight.
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
You might also like...
What can I do to prepare for lipo to get the best results? (36, 6'1 210 lbs 30% bf).
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.