What is the best way to prepare for a Brazilian Butt Lift a year or more in advance? (Most Ideal Candidate)?

I'm planning on getting a BBL in 1+ years, but I want to be super prepared health wise, weight wise, etc; I am 5'3 and 130 pounds, should I try to lose weight? I heard somewhere that if you lose weight before a brazilian buttlift, the surgeon can transfer more fat cells to the butt, so when you gain weight it all goes to your ass. Also should I try toning up? I just want to get the best results I can when I do get the procedure. What would be your ideal candidate?

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Best way to prepare for a BBL?

Thank you for your question.  Patients with Brazilian butt lift can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior. Plastic surgeons plan each procedure according to the individual needs of their patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The ideal patient should have enough fat to harvest and transfer to the butt, that said, the closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. The best you can do is to reach an stable weight close to your goal weight, by doing that you will minimize risks and maximize results. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

BBL

I like patients to have adequate donor sites at the time of a BBL. However, there is a slippery slope with patients who lose or gain significant weight before and after surgery.