What post op supplies do you recommend for recovery of tummy tuck and breast lift?

Looking for some specific info on what I need for my recovery from my tummy tuck and breast lift. Looking for items that doctors or patients highly recommend- treatments/creams/garments/medications/all or any supplies/micro tape & scar creams ??? -ANYTHING that will help aid me in a speedy and safe recovery !!!

Supplies for Mommy Makeover Recovery

It's suggested to speak to your surgeon or their staff about their recommendations based on your specific needs. They will provide you will the material and information you will need to prepare for your #post-operative #recovery. 

Supplies for TT & breast lift

I would recommend checking with your PS regarding any specific supplies/instructions before your surgery. Plastic surgeons vary greatly in their preop and postop regimens. I usually have my patients wear the abdominal binder for approximately 5-6 weeks postop. I have my patients go into a front opening sports bra at 3 days postop. It is best for you to call your PS to see what they advise. I usually don't have my patients use scar creams as I don't find them necessary. Good luck with your surgery!!

Mommy make-over - what post-surgery supplies?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your surgeon will provide your prescriptions and recommend any scar creams, if any are needed.
  • A little gauze and paper (micropore) tape are handy.
  • Staying in touch with your surgeon and following her/his instructions are the best way to heal well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover Recovery

Most surgeons differ somewhat regarding postop care and garments. After Mommy Makeover surgery, I usually place my patients in a surgical bra and abdominal binder. After one week, I change from binder to surgical girdle for better compression. I start my patients on scar cream 1-2 weeks after surgery when all wounds are healed. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Post tummy tuck supplies.

Thanks for your question.

Actually, the best supply I can recommend is a good caretaker after your surgery. Someone to help you in and out of bed, encourage walking and deep breathing, someone to help you with and monitor your medications, someone to prepare your meals. Walking and deep breathing are essential after tummy tuck to minimize risks of blood clots or pneumonias.

Your PS will be able to guide you with garments, creams and medications depending on his or her regimen.

Recliners are good chairs for TT recovery, or wedge pillows for behind your back and underneath your Knees.

The most commonly forgotten medication is a stool softener as all the narcotics are very constipating.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover recovery supplies.

Thank you for the question. My patients don't require much. The bandages after surgery are removed by myself during the first post op visit. All stitches are dissolvable and I don't use drains. They are required to wear a garment for at 2-4 weeks and after 2 weeks they can start with a scar cream ( Scarfade) or silicone gel sheets. 

It's very important to follow your plastic surgeon's suggestions to aid your speedy and safe recovery. 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover recovery

This is a question that can be more specifically answered by your surgeon as each has preferences for post operative care.  You will want to determine if a garment will be used, and if so if it is ordered through the surgeon's office or purchased elsewhere by you.  At home you will need to have pillows handy for positioning comfort.  Many patients who have recliners at home find them comfortable to relax in.  Medications need to be discussed with your surgeon, but you can anticipate that prescription medications will be used after surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Recovery Supplies

Thank you for your question! Every plastic surgeon has a slightly different routine.  Be sure to follow all your surgeons instructions.   For my patients undergoing a breast lift and tummy tuck, we supply the abdominal binder that you will wear for 2 weeks.  I recommend a soft, supportive sports bra that closes in the front to wear once the dressings and wraps are removed, be sure that there is no underwire in the bra. I always encourage my patients not to spend a lot of money on these bras as it will take time for the swelling to go down and you may have to buy a different size once things settle in.   You will most likely have drains after your tummy tuck and your surgeon on surgery center will likely give you everything you need to take care of these drains and measure the output.   Do not apply any antibiotic ointments unless your doctor instructs you to do so.  Pain medication and antibiotics will be prescribed by your surgeon.  Do not take any other medications unless your doctor recommend them.  Other than that, wear loose comfortable clothing, drink a lot of fluids, and have someone around to help you for the first few days.  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon