Post op sizing - what can I expect? (Photos)

I recently got 240cc silicone round moderate profile implants under the crease to fix deflated breasts from nursing. I think my surgeon did a great job, but I feel huge. I know that there is some swelling and that they still need to drop, but on average what kind of change can I expect. Is this it or could they get noticibily smaller?

Will the swelling go down?

Thanks for your photo and question. You have a nice result thus far. Your swelling will go down every day after surgery. The initial swelling can last for 4-6 weeks and more subtle swelling can last about 6 months. Patients tend to "grow into" their implants. The drop, the tissue settles down around them, the muscles accept the implants, etc. The 9 and 12 month post op appointments typically have VERY happy patients. At that point you'll be able to assess your cleavage. Stay in touch with your surgeon in the meantime. He or she wants you to be safe and happy! I wish you well.

Implant changes

You got a small implant, and you absolutely needed the volume to correct the deflated appearance preop (sorry, no offense).  You will be swollen for a good month or so after surgery and that will continue to get better over the next several months even.  The implants, if round/smooth, will typically drop and soften as well.  I would expect you to have a great result.  Ask PS about massaging and wearing a compressive band/wrap if your surgery was recent.

Postoperative sizing

You appear to have a very nice result. After surgery your breasts will continue to change for up to nine months. The majority of early swelling should subside in six weeks to three months. Allow yourself time to adjust to your new body. I don't think that you look huge at all. Furthermore, you have a very small implant and I think that volume was needed to give your breasts appropriate shape. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Post op aug

give it 6 months before you consider making any changes.  240cc is not a very big implant. I would venture a guess that you will think that things will be alright in the long run

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

You are best to discuss this with your surgeon's office.  The fee will vary from surgeon to surgeon and likely will be less with your surgeon.

What to expect

Thank you for your question and for posting photos. It is unclear how far you are out from surgery but it looks like it probably hasn't been that long. With time, your implants should drop into a lower position, round the lower pole of your breasts out and will look more natural. The hardest part after surgery is waiting for the healing process to complete itself. You should definitely have a discussion with your plastic surgeon about your concerns. I hope this helps and good luck in your recovery!

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast implant sizing - what can I expect?

Thank you for your question.  You have an excellent early result.  The appearance of your breast implants will continue to improve and look more natural and less full at the top over the next 3 months.  Of course you should express your concerns to your plastic surgeon and ask about breast implant displacement exercises.