Post Juvederm massage 3 x a day for 3 days or don't? Mixed messages need help (Photos)

I have had fillers in the past.. But I have not gone in over and year and two days ago after working a 12 hour shift I went to my dermatologist and received 2 1/2 syringes of juvaderm to my smile lines, marionette line and lips. seems like a lot but ok, I'm going to Miami in a week with my new fiancé and wanted to look all sexy. The dermatologist assured me I would be fine. My face is a mess! How can I reduce this bruising ? massage 3x day for the next 3 days or no? I'm desperate ! HELP

Juvederm should only be massaged by your injector

Massage could aggravate the situation so you need to stop massaging it.  At this point ice will probably not help but your bruising may dissipate faster if you take arnica montana and also see if your physician can use vbeam on the bruising.  This helps it go away faster, but usually its best done the first 2 days after treatment.  

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Juvederm massage 3 x a day for 3 days or don't? Mixed messages need help

Typically Juvederm does not require any massage post injection. Arnica can be taken daily in order to try and speed up the bruising and swelling. The worst of the swelling generally reduces within the first 48 hours, but you can have some residual swelling for 2 weeks. The bruising will get better day to day, but can also take a week or so to completely resolve. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Post juvederm swelling and bruising

dear Marie,

Congrats on your engagement! 

I would not massage. Pleas ice and use arnica pills. If the swelling continues you may want to ask your physician for a medrol dose pack. The swelling and bruising may last up to two weeks. 

Icing and numbing prior to your next procedure and arnica tablets may help bruising like this in the future.

Dr. Morgan

Morgan Rabach, MD

Fillers in lips

The bruising may take a week or so to dissipate.  The swelling usually subsides within a few days. Best of luck.

Bruising and swelling after Juvederm

Massaging will not help bruising. I use an Excel V laser to help that as well as arnica. I don't have my patients massage after injections. It can reduce the longevity of the filler in my opinion. Discuss with your physician.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bruising and Swelling from Juvederm

Avoid any additional trauma and do not massage the area. Take Arnica and eat pineapple.  You can have the V-Beam laser to help get rid of the bruises right away.  Best, Dr. Green