Polly beak deformity, slightly big tip. Oily skin and 2 years post-op (Photo)

I am 2 years post op. I guess I have polly beak deformity and I want to fix it. In addition to that, I want the tip of my nose to be smaller. I want my nose to be more beautiful. Do you think I am right to think I have polly beak deformity and a big nose tip? I have an oily skin on my face so is it possible for me to get rid of my polly beak and slightly big nose tip? I heard having an oily skin makes it hard to make the nose "cute". What would be realistic to expect from my possible revision?

Some improvements can be made...

The first question to ask yourself is if it is worth it to you to go through a rhinoplasty procedure again. Your result is not bad compared to your initial photo, but there are some small things which can be improved upon to make your nose appear more refined. The mild fullness in the supra tip area takes away from the definition of the tip, which can be slightly reduced in size as well. If those things are accomplished, then the nose will look more petite than it does now. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Polly Beak deformity

I am going to assume you had an open rhinoplasty two years ago.  If I am correct I would recommend revising your nose with just small touch up work done with a closed rhinoplasty.  Since your first surgeon did a great job, I'd see that surgeon first to determine what is causing your "polly beak" deformity as it could be cartilage or excess skin.  A photo session and computer morphing with that doctor will likely determine what can realistically be done.  Best Wishes!!

Polly Beak, Thick Skinned Nose

You do have a polly beak which can be removed with a revision procedure. An examination would be necessary to determine you much your tip can be refined. Consult with your surgeon or a skin care specialist to see if your oily skin can be improved, enhancing your result.

What a big change from your preops!  If the are around the supratip region is not to your satisfaction, perhaps a small revision is possible.

Your nose

If you are unhappy with the result some minor surgery can make it more to your liking. Speak to your surgeon see if he will fix it for a minor charge. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD